Yearly Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen lends between 400 and 500 artworks to museums all over the world.
A letter making the request should be sent to the director of the museum, Mr. Sjarel Ex. You will be informed within two months about whether or not the museum can grant the loan. When reaching this decision, matters such as the condition of the work requested for loan and the frequency with which the work has been loaned out recently are taken into account, but also the circumstances of the institute making the request. Including a facility report with the request is particularly appreciated. If this process is to be handled with all due care, requests for loans should be submitted to Museum Boijmans van Beuningen preferably 6 months and certainly no later than 3 months before the start of the exhibition.
- Drawing up condition report: € 75,- per work. For some -exceptional- loans this can be higher/lower. When this is the case, the borrower wil be informed before the loan agreement is drawn up.
- Necessary preservation work (such as restoration; the fitting of glass; climate-controlled display case): variable
- Packing expenses (cases etc.): variable (via transport agent)
- Framing and passe-partouting of prints and drawings: € 75,- per work
- Possible added expenses for staff deployment: € 60,- per hour
- Insurance: unless indemnity, we will charge you with the insurance premium
- Transport by third parties: through carrier*
- Courier expenses (to be on-charged through carrier): within Europe: € 65,- per diem, USA/Japan: $ 100,- per diem, United Kingdom: £ 55,- per diem
- Photographic material for the exhibit must be requested separately. Please see the order form.
*The borrower will have to take care of the packing of the loan. The loan will be packed by the transport agent and they will charge you the costs directly. However Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen will decide how the work will be packed and which crate is most suitable. For this you will first have to contact the registrar and after that one of the mentioned transport agencies.
NB: If a request being handled is withdrawn at a certain time by the requesting party, the expenses already made will be on-charged.
Your loan request should be sent to:
Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen
t.a.v. Sjarel Ex
P.O. Box 2277
3000 CG Rotterdam
For general questions about loans, please contact Lindy de Heij, loan coordinator: +31 (0)10- 44 19 609 of firstname.lastname@example.org.